Friday 21 September 2012

Rimmel - Match Perfection Gel foundation

Finding a good foundation is hard. Finding a good foundation when you're very pale is extremely hard! I remember buying my first tinted moisturizer, of course for light skin, and I ended up with an orange face. With that in mind, I was always hesitant to buy a foundation because testers always turned out dark on my skin. That's why I was also afraid to buy the foundation I'm reviewing today but boy, I am so glad I did! Oh, and of course I went with the lightest shade - 100 Ivory.

Before you find out why, I need to mention few things. First of all, I need to say something about my skin type. Well, apart from being pale, my face right now is normal with a tendency to get dry around the T-zone. During my teenage years I suffered from acne and unfortunately I have some little scars and discolourations left on my chin and forehead. What I'm mainly looking for in a foundation is nice coverage and a natural finish. The main reason I chose Match Perfection, apart good reviews floating around the internet, is the fact that - according to the producent - it adapts to the skin tone (and the ad with the lovely Zooey Deschanel).


Rimmel's Match Perfection Gel foundation is packed in a small glass jar and contains 18ml of product. That's a pro and con at the same time! Even though it looks pretty, some may find the packaging unpractical and unhygenic (foundation under the nails, eew!). Also most of the foundations available have around 30ml of product so 18ml may seem little comparing to others. However it isn't really a big issue for me, because finishing one little jar took me almost 6 months! Oh, and one important thing! Apparently, there are two different versions of Match Perfection - one with big and the other ones with a small font on the sticker. Since I had both of those 'versions' (by accident) all I can tell is that the one that I'm currently using (big font, the one on the left on the comparison photo) seems a bit lighter than the other one and has better coverage. I really don't know why there are two versions of the product, because I don't remember Rimmel mentioning any changes. So I guess this will be one unsolved mystery for me. ;)


The application isn't really problematic; the product blends well and doesn't 'cake' on the skin . You have to be rather quick because it may dry quickly on the skin before you blend it out so I use my fingers to apply it. It was quite surprising to discover that the foundation gives a little cooling effect when you put it on your skin! After my first application I was really shocked with the result! Match Perfection looked like my skin, only better - glowy, healthy and with a satin finish. It has medium coverage, so bigger imperfections still need some concealing, but still, it doesn't look like I was wearing a mask. On my face it lasted for about 10 hours but people with oily and combination skin may need some touching up after a while. Just so you know, I rarely use powder, mainly because the one I'm using is rubbish, so more or less 10 hours for a foundation to last on the skin is a pretty nice score. Oh, and even though Match Perfection contains silicones, it doesn't clog up the pores. However, a good peeling and moisturizer is a must because unfortunately it has a tendency to exagerrate chapped skin. Also, from what I know, the foundation does not contain SPF, so it might be a problem for some. Apart from that I was really pleased with this foundation. So pleased, I have bought a second jar and that doesn't happen very often, right? I have tested it for the whole year and it failed me only during extremely hot weather, when it disappeared from my face after one or two hours.

Overall, if you're looking for a foundation that will adapt well to your skintone, give you a nice and fresh finish with decent coverage, this is truly a perfect match for you! Even though I'm planning to test some other foundations, if disappointed I will most definitely come back to this one.

Did you try out Match Perfection already? Feel free to share your opinion!
A.

No comments:

Post a Comment