Sunday 2 September 2012

Favourite summer polishes!

Even though autumn is just around the corner (when did that happen?), here I come with a selection of my favourite nailpolish shades I wore during this summer! Unfortunately you can't see them 'in action' because my nails aren't exactly in shape right now (damn you camping...) but the colour on the bottles is almost the same as it is on the nails.

But before I start I need to mention one thing - I am lucky enough to have nails on which almost every nailpolish lasts for almost a week! That's why I usually go for cheap brands because no matter what I'll choose, the effect will be quite the same. If you aren't as lucky as me, a good topcoat is a must! I think it's better to invest in a really good topcoat, because then every polish you'll buy, even the cheap one, will last longer on your nails! Also, I really don't see the point in buying big bottles of nailpolish if I never finish them. Such small polishes are excellent for the summer! Not only don't they use too much space in our cosmetic bags but also if the shade will be 'out of fashion' next year you won't cry over throwing an expensive bottle away! Easy like that! :) I'll finish my ramble right here and let's (finally) move on to the 8 shades I wore the most this year!

1-Miss Selene #221, 2-Essence Nude Glam #7 Cafe Ole, 3-Miss Selene #122, 4-Essence Nude Glam #4 Iced Latte, 5-Golden Rose Sweet Color #64, 6-Essence #93 C'est La Vie!, 7-Miss Sporty Et Voila #14, 8-Essence #27 No More Drama

As you can see, pastels rocked my world this year! The only intense shades I wore is the cobalt blue (1) and the orangey one (6). It's kind of a funny story with the last one! I was looking for this colour for ages (it's Essence #93 C'est La Vie!, however it was just discontinued) and when I finally did find it, I was extremely disappointed. It took 3 coats to cover my nails and the shade turned out brighter than I thought it would be. That's why I put it away for a few weeks and after some time I've decided to use it on my toe nails and even though I still had some problems with applying it, it looked much better there! For the days when colourful shades were rather inappropriate (exams!) I went with (2) and (4) (again Essence, this time they are #7 and #4 from the nude glam collection), really beautiful shades, and, what's surprising, it only takes 2 coats for full coverage! If you have a chance to get in hold of them, do it! However, the biggest disadvantage of Essence nailpolishes is the fact that they tend to thicken in the bottle very quickly and the application becomes quite a challenge - just look at #27 No More Drama (8), I bought it in March and all I can do is throw this beautiful shade away :(. Recently Essence changed the design and ingredients of their nailpolishes, so I'll be more than glad to see if they got any better. Other shades here (3), (5), (7) and (1) which I mentioned at the beginning are polishes I bought at my local drugstore (nothing brightens up the mood like a little shopping, right?) and I quite enjoyed wearing them during the summer. However, since they are light and pastel, you need at least (!) 3 coats to cover the nails.


What shades did you enjoy wearing during the summer? Do you follow the trends or just go with your favourite colours? Don't hesitate to comment!
A.

No comments:

Post a Comment