Sunday 16 September 2012

Phyto - Phyto 7

Since I have rather long hair for a guy (in need of a trim, though!), taking care of it is important. I'm not blessed with hair that just needs some shampoo and looks perfect after drying. No, definitely not! It's wavy to curly, thin and has a mind of its own. Also, weird things happen to it at night! Sometimes I can't believe what I see in the mirror after waking up... If that's not enough, it also tends to get frizzy on rainy days.


In order to deal with all of that, on some days heat can be necessary. I'm not a big fan of heat protection sprays, though! They always leave my hair feeling dry and stiff. This is why moisturizing and protecting leave-in treatments are the way to go for me. As everyone knows, many of the leave-in products tend to weigh hair down, which isn't a good look if you have fine hair. However, the product I'm reviewing today doesn't weigh hair down or make it greasy but instead provides moisture, protection and some shine to the hair. Sound good, right?

Phyto 7 is like a daily moisturizer. You can apply it either on damp or dry hair. Personally, I only use it after washing and not every single day. I tried using it on dry hair, but it didn't seem to do much other than making it a bit frizzy (eek!). However, when used on damp hair, it makes it really soft, frizz-free and looking healthy! You won't get the shine you would from a product filled with silicones, but that's not what I use it for anyway. It's just a 'simple' product to moisturize the hair and prevent it from drying, breaking or splitting. And it definitely does the job!

It's formulated with seven plant extracts and contains no silicones. Other than that, there are not many other ingredients on the list. Which is good! The only thing I don't like, is that the product contains parabens. I'm sure you've heard different things about them and although I haven't made up my mind yet about how I feel regarding this ingredient, I try to avoid them if I can. But since this is a product you apply to your hair (which is dead) and not directly on your skin, I don't see any problems!

So if you find your hair is dry, you use heat on it and basically it deserves some pampering - try Phyto 7. It's a very basic product that doesn't promise any wonders, but (for me) does the things it claims to do! It's not that expensive and the tube (50 ml) will last you a long time.

What products do you use to moisturize and protect your hair? Also, have you tried Phyto 9? Definitely going to give it a try once I run out of Phyto 7! -L.


No comments:

Post a Comment