Sunday 9 September 2012

Aveda - Lip Saver SPF 15

Aveda
Lip Saver SPF 15
After spending the whole day outside at the pool, I decided it was time to write about one of my favourite lip balms with SPF. I've never had sunburnt lips, but it's definitely not something I want to experience either so I'd rather be safe than sorry, as they say!

I've discovered this lip balm a few months ago and had it with me ever since. To be honest, I don't know much about Aveda but after trying this balm I think I'll have to take a closer look! This lip balm has many natural ingredients (whoop!) such as anise oil, beeswax, cinnamon leaf and vitamin E. It tastes like cinnamon and anise, which I actually enjoy (and those who get to kiss your lips will too!). This was a surprise to me, because I normally prefer lip balms with neutral flavours or no flavour at all. I've never liked fruity balms because they tend to make me bite my lips (weird, I know) so they actually do more harm than good.

Once you've applied this balm, you can feel it melt and sink into the skin to leave you with soft and moisturized lips. It's not particularly shiny, although this depends on the amount you put on. But don't worry; it's not nearly as shiny as lip gloss! Also, you get 4,25g of product but I can't say it'll last you a long time. Although maybe it's because I reach for this one a bit more often than the other ones I carry with me.

If you're looking for a good lip balm with SPF - give this one a try! As far as I can see, it doesn't contain any nasty ingredients and it really does a good job at moisturizing and protecting the lips. Even when you go swimming, it'll stay on for a long time thanks to the waxy texture. It's definitely a lip balm I'll repurchase once I run out!

What are your favourite lip balms with SPF? I'm always open for suggestions! -L.

No comments:

Post a Comment