Monday 24 September 2012

Apivita - Hydration Serum

Autumn has arrived and for me this means that my skin will be going through some changes. Due to acne medication I have dry skin and get dehydration lines pretty easily, which is not pretty when you're in your early twenties. Ever since it got colder outside, I was expecting my skin to get even drier. And it did - but only on my body and not on my face! The only thing that could have made a difference, was the serum I'll review today which I started using more than a month ago.


I have tried a few serums before but they either didn't make any difference or broke me out. This is why I was very careful with choosing a serum and took my time to look at the ingredients. The first thing that caught my eye when I came across this serum from Apivita, was hyaluronic acid. It is a very important ingredient for retaining moisture in the skin and it also boosts collagen production, which is what you want when your skin is dehydrated and looks a bit dull. Since it's a serum, it'll also go deeper into your skin than a regular moisturizer would. The other thing that I was happy to see, was "98% natural ingredients" written on the box. You know I'm a big fan of products that aren't filled with lots of chemicals, so seeing this was a nice surprise. Looking at the ingredients list, I can't say whether the "98%" is accurate or not, but there certainly aren't any ingredients I'm worried about. No parabens, no silicones and no mineral oil!

The serum itself is rather thick, but still not as thick as a moisturizer. Personally, I like the texture because it doesn't glide off my fingers before I can reach my face. You need to apply a few drops on clean skin, rub/tap it in and follow with a moisturizer if you need to. I feels a bit sticky at first, but I don't mind that at all since I always follow up with a moisturizer or SPF. It also has a lovely smell: floral and very relaxing. While 'perfume' is one of the last ingredients on the list, I think the smell mainly comes from the essential oils in this serum.

So, does it work? For me, it does! I started using it when I first noticed my face was looking very dehydrated (end of the summer) and continued using it ever since. The dehydration lines didn't go away completely but they are way less noticeable and my skin looks healthier. A few days ago I got many compliments on my skin and since this serum was the only addition in the last five or six weeks, it has to be thanks to this product.

I'm always on the lookout for new products, but I have a very strong feeling I'll repurchase this one again! It's does what I expect a hydrating serum to do so I won't complain! I'll definitely try more products from this brand and the next one on my list is the Radiance Serum to help fade acne scarring. We'll see how that goes! :)

What are your favourite serums? Any tips and tricks on keeping your face glowy in the cold months? -L.


No comments:

Post a Comment