Wednesday 29 August 2012

Rimmel - Kate Moss Spring Collection Lipstick

Yesterday L. wrote about one of his fave lipbalms (click!) so I've decided to stick with the 'lips' theme and today I'm coming with a review on one of my favourite products I've used during the summer - Rimmel's Kate Moss Spring Collection Lipstick in shade 16. As you can see, the packaging is quite neat, black with Kate's signature on top. It also closes with a 'click', so we don't need to worry it will open up in our purse.


Why do I like this product so much? Well, first of all, just look at the shade! It's a bright coralish pink, which reminds me of candy and just screams summer to me. I think this is a quite universal shade - suitable not only for evening but also for everyday. However, I don't imagine wearing it on a daily basis during winter, but that's just my personal preference. Because of it's creamy texture, the lipstick applies well and after a few glides, we get full coverage. Also, it smells a bit like strawberries which just adds to a pleasant application. ;) But! We need to remember about moisturising our lips before we put it on, otherwise it will exaggerate chapped and falky skin like every matt lipstick does! 

I wouldn't say the colour is long-lasting, but it does stay on for about 3 or 4 hours. Of course, if you eat, drink or talk way too much, you will need reapplying after a shorter period of time. It doesn't smudge all over the face, but it fades unevenly from the lips, so you need to check it up every once in a while if you're out. Also, after removal, lipbalm is necessary because the lipstick might cause a slight dehydration.. so better safe than sorry!


Overall, I really like this product by Rimmel and I will definitely take a look at other shades from the regular and spring collection. For a small price, you get a nice, wearable lipstick in an interesting colour! What's more to ask for? ;)

What was your favourite summertime lipstick? Feel free to share your opinions with us!
A.

No comments:

Post a Comment