Tuesday 28 August 2012

Nuxe - Rêve de Miel Lip Balm

Nuxe - Rêve de Miel Lip Balm
Since I'm on strong medication for treating acne, my lips are dry almost all day every day. Annoying, right? Because of my little lip balm addiction, I've tried and tested a lot of products. There are only a few lip balms out there that can help my dry and flaky lips and this is definitely one of them. It might even be - dare I say it - my favourite lip balm I have used this far!

Before I move on to the real review, I want to talk about the two major groups of lip balms: the ones that treat lips 'from the inside' and ones that sit on your lips and protect them on the outside. The first category is amazing to use as a night treatment because these balms really absorb into the lips and treat them with smooth and plump lips as result. The second group of lip balms is often petrolatum-based and, for me, they barely ever absorb or make my lips much smoother. What they are amazing at, is protecting your lips from harsh weather. These won't improve the look of your lips very much, but they will prevent your lips from drying out and looking worse.

The Rêve de Miel lip balm belongs in the first category and is meant to treat lips (although it does a pretty decent job at protecting them too!). It contains many natural ingredients such as sweet almond oil, shea butter and honey. All these ingredients are amazing at making your lips soft and plump. When you apply this balm before bed, you'll wake up with really healthier looking lips in the morning: moisturized, repaired and smooth.

The balm comes in a little pot (15g) but will last you a long time. To me, it smells like oranges or grapefruits and - the best part - it's matt once applied on the lips! Not something you see very often, huh? Since I'm a guy and don't always want my lips to look like I have used gloss, it's a big plus! I can imagine girls liking this one too, because it smells divine and really makes a difference! Whenever I feel my lips are dried out and on the verge of cracking, I apply a bit of this balm and within a minute the uncomfortable feeling's gone. It's like a little lip miracle in a pot, to be honest!

So if you're in need of a good lip treating balm - definitely give this one a try! Nuxe also makes a stick version of this balm, but I don't find it nearly as good as the little pot (because of different ingredients). So if you're going to invest - the pot is what you want. Oh, by the way! The balm has no SPF in it, so if it's something you worry about then keep an eye on our blog since I'll review some of my favourite lip balms with SPF soon! -L.

2 comments:

  1. Firstly, welcome to blogging, I can see me becoming totally hooked on your site!

    This product has definitely just been added to my want list, I'll be out to buy it this afternoon. I get eczema, particularly (and weirdly) on my lip line. The fact it's matte is great!

    Great review. Thom – Manface

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! It's really nice to hear that from someone whose blog I read on a daily basis. Hope you'll like the lip balm as much as I do! :) L.

      Delete