Thursday 30 August 2012

Caudalie - Moisturizing Cream-Mask

Me and Caudalie go way back. I have used many of their products for quite some time now and I always come back for more. The brand doesn't use parabens, mineral oils or SLS which is a big plus! What they do use, are grapes full of anti-oxidants and many other natural ingredients like shea butter and plant oils. They manage to make really good products with an affordable price tag - something others should learn from.


The first Caudalie product I'm going to review, is the Moisturizing Cream-Mask. As the name suggests, it's meant to rehydrate and soothe dry skin. It's a creamy mask that you leave on for about 15 minutes and then wash off with water or remove with a cotton pad. Because my skin can be very dry, I even leave in on for 30 minutes or longer sometimes. Once applied on the face and around the eyes, the mask turns into a more oily consistency (probably due to grape seed oil) and sinks into the skin. My skin is very sensitive and I get blackheads quite easily, so when I read about an "oily consistency" I start to worry a bit. However - I have never had a problem after using this mask: no spots, no blackheads and no redness. After washing the mask off, my skin always feels more comfortable and the dehydration lines are gone or at least less visible. Since it's soothing as well, I imagine it would be great to use after a day on the beach when you've spent more time in the sun than you should ;)


The mask comes in a 50ml tube and will last you a while because you really don't need much with every use. It's a really lovely and light mask that does hydrate the skin and is free from many nasty ingredients. If you haven't tried Caudalie before - definitely do! Their products are widely available, reasonably priced and they have something for every skin type. But as always: get a sample first if you can! While it works for me, it might not work for you.

If you have any questions or want to suggest other moisturizing face masks - leave a comment and we'll get back to you asap! -L.

No comments:

Post a Comment