Thursday 6 September 2012

Maybelline - Volum' Express the Falsies waterproof mascara

 When I have to wake up early or I'm late (happens way too often lately) and I have no time to put on proper make up at all, I usually just go with one product - mascara. It can really do wonders and change your appearance in a second! Unluckily for me, my allergies successfully prevented me from wearing any eye make up during early spring (red and swollen eyes all the time brr) so I'm more than happy that I can finally use mascara again. I always choose a waterproof formula, rather than the normal, because you never know what is going to happen and I'd rather not find out with panda-looking eyes. :) If you buy mascara, you need to remember one thing - never judge a book by it's cover. Or, in our case, if the mascara doesn't suit you after the first application, don't throw it away immediately and give it a time to 'set'. When I first bought the Falsies and tried it on, it was very wet and clumped my lashes, but after a while the formula dried a bit and it was good to go. Many mascaras act like that, so I'd recommend waiting a bit before we judge the product.


The mascara that I've been using the most this year is Maybelline's Volum' Express the Falsies. I've always liked Maybelline's mascaras and even though I tried some other brands, I somehow always come back to them. The Falsies is packed in a pretty neat purple packaging, with a very interesting brush. It's flexible and in the shape of a spoon so it applies well both on the upper and the lower lashes.The producer promises that this mascara will give us a "false lash effect". Well, my Falsies dried a bit, but even at the beginning I wouldn't say my lashes looked fake. Still, for me, it gives a pretty decent effect. My lashes are lifted, well defined and separated. The mascara doesn't clump them, it gives volume and even a little bit of length. Unfortunetly, since it's waterproof it takes some time to wash it off, but a good eye make up remover will deal with it.


Overall, I'm satisfied with this mascara but I don't think I will stick with it forever. I'm still on the search of a perfect mascara, and yes, this one is pretty good and cheap, but I will definitely try out some other ones, since there is so much more to choose from. ;)

What mascara have you been using lately? Did you try out the Falsies? Waiting for your comments!
A.

No comments:

Post a Comment