Saturday 3 November 2012

A/W Beauty Essentials: Bronzer

The lack of sun and sleep made me look extremely pale and tired lately. I'm not a big fan of foundations or tinted moisturizers (just some concealer if needed) so I have to look for other options to make my skin look more glowy and healthy. One of my favourite tricks to bring my face back to life is bronzer. The one I use is a gel, because I have yet to find a powder or cream formulation that looks natural on my skin.

Easy application in three steps. Hope you can see the subtle 'tan' on my hand.
Haven't blended it in all the way so you'll be able to see the difference a bit better.

The product I'm talking about is the Clinique Non-Streak Bronzer. It's a very dark and concentrated gel and comes in a big tube. Since you don't need a lot at all it'll last you for absolutely ages! My favourite way to use it, is by mixing a bit of my moisturizer/SPF and this gel with a cotton bud and just simply applying it all over my face for an even bronzed look. It doesn't give any coverage at all but makes you look as if you've spent the last few days outside in the sun. It's completely unnoticeable (if blended well) and looks just like tanned skin. The colour is very natural (no orange face!) and you choose how tanned you want to look by adding more or less of the gel. You can also add a bit more on your temples or under your cheekbones if you fancy a sculpted look.

As with all make up products, it tends to fade away after a whole day. However, you'll still be able to see you're not as pale as before using the bronzer. Also, it fades away very evenly so you won't be left with darker and lighter spots or bronzer in creases/wrinkles. It's completely safe to use when it's raining outside or when you're sweating: once it's applied it doesn't move until you wash it off with a cleanser. Make sure to massage your face a bit longer than usually so there won't be any product left on your skin!

The only downside is that you can't really use it without mixing it in with a moisturizer. It's hard to blend the gel well on its own and it won't look as natural. So if you find yourself in the middle of the day in need of some bronzer, maybe try mixing it with a moisturizing serum or a very light cream instead of trying to make the gel work on its own. I know, I'm not a fan of putting moisturizer (or any other product) on 'dirty' skin either, but I haven't had any problems this far.

So, what are your tricks to make yourself look as if you've slept more than you actually have? Or can you maybe recommend me a good powder/cream bronzer for touching up throughout the day? -L.


3 comments:

  1. One of my all-time favourites. I use either the men's or the women's depending what they have in stock, but they're both the same. Great review guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and loving the new site look! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Thom! We both felt the need it was time for a little change :)

    I've never tried the women's version, but I'm not surprised the have one since quite a few of the men's products are an (almost) exact copy of ones for women. So unnecessary if you ask me, but I understand that "real men" want dark and manly packaging, haha! ;)

    Thank you for commenting! Xx

    ReplyDelete